Effective May 1, 2020 all persons must wear protective face covering in public places, including Rockford Urological Associates. Please arrive to your appointment with your own protective face covering. RUA will not be providing patients with masks and we must conserve our limited supply for our essential workers. Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
– Rockford Urological Associates Physicians and Staff
COVID-19 Important Information
Help us keep our community healthy and safe!
Rockford Urological Associates is taking all necessary measures to protect our patients and staff from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). To ensure both patient and staff safety, the following guidelines are now in effect.
- We ask that ANYONE who is ill or showing flu-like symptoms (This includes fever higher than 100 degrees, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, headache, body aches, chills, fatigue, sore throat) stay home and reschedule your appointment.
- We're evaluating all patient care appointments and procedures to determine which ones can safely be postponed. Our clinic staff will reach out directly to patients to communicate any decisions made with respect to changes or postponements of appointments or procedures.
- We ask that family members of patients who have appointments wait in the car unless it is medically necessary that they accompany the patient.
- If you have a cough, a fever or difficulty breathing, and you are worried you may have COVID-19, please call your primary care physician. RUA does not have test kits.
- Telehealth (virtual visits) are available.
We will update this page regularly to reflect any changes that may become necessary.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time!